Home
Options

Latest beta not responding if some connections are not available

In latest beta LINQPad doesn't respond after launch if there one or more connections that are not available. Stuck at connecting.

Comments

• Options
    I've just uploaded a new beta - let me know if the problem persists.
  • Options
    Still same issue
  • Options
    Is there a way to download older beta builds?
  • Options
    Actually it has nothing to do with connections, this time all the connections are available but still after launch LINQPad is frozen.
  • Options
    [Managed to Native Transition]
    > System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.Document.get() Unknown
    System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.WebBrowserEvent.DocumentComplete(object pDisp, ref object urlObject) Unknown
    [Native to Managed Transition]
    System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.Document.get() Unknown
    System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.WebBrowserEvent.DocumentComplete(object pDisp, ref object urlObject) Unknown
    System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(System.IntPtr dwComponentID, int reason, int pvLoopData) Unknown
    System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(int reason, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext context) Unknown
    System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(int reason, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext context) Unknown
    LINQPad.exe!LINQPad.Program.Run(string queryToLoad, bool runQuery, string activationCode, bool activateAll, bool deactivate, bool noForward, bool noUpdate, string caller) Unknown
    LINQPad.exe!LINQPad.Program.Go(string[] args) Unknown
    LINQPad.exe!LINQPad.Program.Start(string[] args) Unknown
    LINQPad.exe!LINQPad.ProgramStarter.Run(string[] args) Unknown
    LINQPad.exe!LINQPad.Loader.Main(string[] args) Unknown
  • Options
    Worker Thread OpenQuery Monitor

> System.Core.dll!System.IO.Pipes.NamedPipeServerStream.WaitForConnection() Unknown
    LINQPad.exe!LINQPad.Program.Listen() Unknown
    mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, object state, bool preserveSyncCtx) Unknown
    mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, object state, bool preserveSyncCtx) Unknown
    mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, object state) Unknown
    mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart() Unknown
  • Options
    Unfortunately, this is the same stack trace that you reported previously when calling Dump caused a hang.

I've uploaded a new beta that avoids touching the web browser upon startup, so it should allow you to start LINQPad, but I suspect it will hang when you call Dump.

Can you try running the following query, either on the new beta or release version that works for you:
    http://share.linqpad.net/lbmgqx.linq

and let me know the result.

Thanks
  • Options
    The query just stuck on the while loop

while (browser.ReadyState != WebBrowserReadyState.Complete)

Now I am using latest release.

Yes, you're right, calling Dump causes it to freeze.

Is there a way to add some timeout to web browser ready detection?
  • Options
    Maybe you can dump WebBrowser control and use

http://www.awesomium.com/

It's pretty neat and we use it on our product as well.
  • Options
    If you remove the while loop where it is stuck, does it still correctly display Test and Test2? And what ReadyState does it report (instead of Complete?)
  • Options
    Also, does it spin on the while loop, or hang when checking ReadySate? And does IE work OK for you on that machine?
  • Options
    Even after removing the while loop the query is stuck. When I tried to put a breakpoint to inspect the ReadyState a exception occurred. I reported the error.

IE does work fine on the machine.
  • Options
    Not sure what were the changes in the latest beta but it seems to be working now. KEWL!!!
  • Options
    Hate to say, but I didn't change anything. Does the previous beta still crash, and does the sample with the while loop still hang in the same place?
  • Options
    That's strange. The query doesn't hang anymore. I'll test with old beta later. Is there a place where I can download old beta builds?