Custom Config Not Found on Version 5.09.07

I just upgraded to the latest version of LINQPad and found an issue with the custom config. I have a config file at the Global Default for queries location (C:\Program Files\LINQPad5\LINQPad.config) but the latest version acts like the file is empty and none of my config values are accessible.

If I copy and paste the file path to the Custom Path in query properties it works as expected. I am using Windows 10 and running LINQPad as admin (I know it's bad but have to for reasons). Let me know if you need more information or if I can do more testing.

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Was it an auto-update? If so, I suspect this is a temporary problem as a result of the patch not yet propagating back to the original folder. Try re-starting LINQPad, and if a dialog appears that asks whether you want to update the main executable, answer 'YES', and then re-start again.

You can verify what's being used for the config with the following query:

AppDomain.CurrentDomain.SetupInformation.ConfigurationFile

• Just updated to 5.10.00 today, I restarted and it used the following as the global default. I checked and the file is indeed there.

returns

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\LINQPad5\_ugbkdevv\ahyulq\LINQPadQuery.dll.custom.config

If I paste in the path to the config file that's currently set as global to the custom path the query works just fine.

• I'm having the exact same problem, is there a fix to this?
  • Can you run the following query:

And also this query:

File.ReadAllText (AppDomain.CurrentDomain.SetupInformation.ConfigurationFile)

Is the expected config content present in the file?
  • I'm currently running 5.10.00 (AnyCPU). I've restarted the app a few times and still seeing the same behavior. The query appears to look in the same location as the Let me type it in: option when it should be looking in the Global default.

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\LINQPad5\_hibxazmq\giiqkg\LINQPadQuery.dll.custom.config

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <configuration> <runtime> <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"> <dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity name="System.Management.Automation" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" /> <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-3.0.0.0" newVersion="3.0.0.0" /> </dependentAssembly> </assemblyBinding> </runtime> </configuration>
  • Does this only happen with certain queries, or with all queries? (The binding redirect suggests your query includes a reference)
  • This happens with all queries, once copy and paste the .config path to the Custom path: then it works fine. Is there anything that I need to reset?
  • I'm just curious about the binding redirect. If you create a new query and press F4, does anything show in the references? (A reference may be inherited from My Extensions, or the "Set as default for new queries" option.)
  • Yes, I have some references set in MyExtensions, as well as some set as default for new queries.
  • Thanks - I'll look into this further and get a fix out hopefully next week.
  • Downloaded the beta and it works as expected, thank you!