Running Linqpad on Ubuntu?

Hi all,

I love Linqpad, but I've moved from a Windows workstation to Ubuntu. I'm trying to see if running Linqpad is possible.

I've just installed Mono, I ran Linqpad and got a missing assembly problem (PresentationCore), and I am trying to work through the current state of Mono's WPF support ... but I figure someone here might already know if I can run Linqpad on Ubuntu or not.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• edited February 10
    Based on the Mono Project website WPF isn't supported and is unlikely to be supported in the future. It appears to me that LinqPad makes heavy use of the WPF libraries so it's unlikely that it'll run directly on Ubuntu.

Mono Compatibility: http://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/compatibility/

I guess it might be possible to run Wine and install .NET and get it to work that way. If you decide to try it let me know how well it works.
  • In addition to WPF, the Mono analysis tool reports thousands of other incompatibilities in the LINQPad code base. So it's not a simple fix to make it run under Mono.