FSharp.Core.dll in use by another process?

Hi, I'm using v. 5.10 of LinqPad and I have VS 2017 installed on my system. When I create an F# script in LinqPad, it runs fine until I modify the script. Once I try to run the modified query, I get an error message, "error FS0193: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\LINQPad5\_sjimyqqq\FSharp.Core.dll' because it is being used by another process."

If I then execute Query | Cancel and Reset all Queries, then I can run the modified query--until I modify the text again. I don't seem to have a similar problem with C#, and I've never seen this problem with F# in LinqPad on other machines. If I look at FSharp.Core in Process Explorer, I see two handles, both belonging to LinqPad.

I've uninstalled, moved to the standalone installs, and tried explicitly specifying a version of FSharp.Core but I'm getting the same response. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• This appears to be some sort of configuration issue--I installed VS2015 and it's F# tooling and now Linqpad is working again.

Thanks
  • It appears that LinqPad will make use of the FSharp components if they are found on the system--but is there a way to force it to just use the built-in FSC?

Thanks
  • No. I guess I could make that an option.
  • No need--I found a way to make everything work. I might be wrong but I think there's a problem with LP and the new vs2017 F# files, where the error I described above is cropping up. I'd be more interested in having that handled than a switch for the built in FSC. Thanks for the consideration.