Unable to open configSource file 'user.config'.

I recently installed v5.22.02. I also have v4.57.02. When I executed a query in v5.22.02, I got the following exception.

The type initializer for 'System.Data.Entity.Internal.AppConfig' threw an exception.
Message The type initializer for 'System.Data.Entity.Internal.AppConfig' threw an exception.
Data
InnerException Unable to open configSource file 'user.config'. (C:\Users\stuart.dickerson\AppData\Local\Temp\LINQPad5\_zljzuxaw\query_wyavit.dll.custom.config line 3...
Message Unable to open configSource file 'user.config'. (C:\Users\stuart.dickerson\AppData\Local\Temp\LINQPad5\_zljzuxaw\query_wyavit.dll.custom.config line 35)
BareMessage Unable to open configSource file 'user.config'.
Filename C:\Users\stuart.dickerson\AppData\Local\Temp\LINQPad5\_zljzuxaw\query_wyavit.dll.custom.config

Our app.config has a reference to another config file named user.config. v5.22.02 appears to be making a copy of the bin folder of a DLL that I am referencing but it isn't pulling over the user.config file. If I manually copy it to the temp folder, the query runs. This was not a problem in v4.

Comments