Driver can't reflect on a .net standard 2 library

This seems like a reflection issue, but I'll post it here nevertheless.
While playing with LLBLGenPro 5.3 beta (supports .netstandard 2) I found that the driver has problems reflecting over .netstandard 2.0 assembly.
Specially the method assembly.GetExportedTypes() in AssemblyProbe.GetTypeNames method would throw

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: 'Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'

I tried reproducing it with a .net 4.6.2 console application and I see the same behavior.
The current workaround for my repro is to add the deprecated NETStandard.Library.NETFramework nuget package to the console.

Repro code

const string file = @[PATH]\ClassLibrary2.dll;
var assembly = Assembly.LoadFile(file);
var types = assembly.GetExportedTypes();

Comments

• Try the latest beta:
    http://www.linqpad.net/download.aspx#beta

It includes code to resolve .netstandard in third-party driver domains.
  • Hi Joe,

It throws the same error. Can you try this approach instead?

Answer from github..

Just add

<PropertyGroup>
     <DependsOnNETStandard>true</DependsOnNETStandard>
    </PropertyGroup>

to LINQPad.csproj and it might work.
  • edited December 2017
    And where is it in the LINQPad.csproj file?

I found, but how do I solve this error?

---------------------------
    Cannot load assembly: Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    ---------------------------
    Thanks,
    Homero
  • edited December 2017
    Hi, I'm facing this issue when trying to add EF Core 2.0 project. I've updated to the latest beta.
    After choosing my custom assembly I get:

Cannot load assembly: Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Please advise.
    Thanks,
    Shlomi