Started getting error about System.Runtime, Version=4.2.0.0 vs 4.1.0.0 recently

Full error:

CS1705 Assembly 'MyApp' with identity 'MyApp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Runtime, Version=4.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Runtime' with identity 'System.Runtime, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

TargetFramework is netcoreapp2.0

I could have sworn things were working previously, but I think after a Visual Studio update they stopped working.

I get this error when I try to call a method in my ApplicationDBContext, which uses Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore, Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.SqlServer, and Microsoft.AspNetCore.Identity.EntityFrameworkCore.

Is that enough information?

It's a simple "ToDo" app that uses Local Accounts and stores ToDo items in the database and gets them back out. Works great in the browser, but I get the error when querying for items in LINQPad Beta 5.28.05.

Comments

• LINQPad doesn't support .NET Core. You'll need to target .NET Standard 2.0 (or .NET Framework).
  • Ah, thank you! I think I can target multiple frameworks. I'll try that.