Errors when using SonaType Nexus repo as a NuGet source

We have an internal NuGet repo hosted on SonaType's Nexus product. There is no proxy involved and it works as a package source from Visual Studio 2017 without issue. When we try it as a package source from LinqPad v5 (even tried the Feb 2018 beta), it fails with the error "Unable to load the service index for source" as a NuGet.Protocol.Code.Types.FatalProtocolException.

I've tried it with and without user name/password because AD authentication is allowed. Although this repo does also allow anonymous access.

I can use the NuGet.Core package from a LinqPad query and pull packages with two lines of code:
var nexusRepo = PackageRepositoryFactory.Default.CreateRepository(@"https://www.myinternalserver.com/repository/nuget-group/");
nexusRepo.GetPackages().Take(1).Dump(); 
There are no logs being written out. Any advice on how I may be able to troubleshoot further?

Thanks

Comments

• The error that you reported includes the following stack trace:

Inner Exception: InvalidDataException

The content at 'https://nexus.ingramcontent.com/repository/oms-nuget-group/index.json' is not a valid JSON object.

at NuGet.Protocol.HttpStreamValidation.ValidateJObject(String uri, Stream stream)
    at NuGet.Protocol.HttpCacheUtility.d__5.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at NuGet.Protocol.HttpSource.<>c__DisplayClass12_0`1.<<GetAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at NuGet.Common.ConcurrencyUtilities.d__2`1.MoveNext()
    at NuGet.Protocol.HttpSource.d__12`1.MoveNext()
    at NuGet.Protocol.ServiceIndexResourceV3Provider.d__9.MoveNext()

Does that help? Is the content at "https://nexus.ingramcontent.com/repository/oms-nuget-group/index.json" indeed a valid JSON object?
  • Thanks Joe. That does indeed help. I think the problem is on the Nexus end. The index.json returned is actually XML. Visual Studio must be working around this somehow or treating it as a v2 feed.

Does LinqPad have a way to include a V2 nuget package source?

The %AppData%\Local\LINQPad\LINQPad.nuget.config has a protocolVersion property for the package source, but it doesn't seem like this config is being used. I believe it is using the NuGetSources.xml in %AppData%\Roaming\LINQPad instead and I don't see a version property there.

I'll try to work with Nexus, but I'm not hopeful that I'll gain much ground there. We were trying to move to a consolidated package server with Nexus, but it needs to treat NuGet packages as first class citizens.

Thanks again