Unable to create LINQPad connection EF Core 2.1.1

I have a ASP.NET Core 2.1 web application that uses EF core 2.1 that I need to diagnose a LINQ issue with LINQPad. I have installed the latest LINQPad driver for EFCore 2.1.1.4 and when I try to create a new connection by browsing to the web site dll I get the below error:

LINQPad EF Core Driver X Assembly 'Debug\netcoreapp2.1\MyBlog.dll' is an .NET Core assembly. Your project must target either .NET Framework or .NET Standard 2.0.

As you can see this is a Net Core App 2.1, is this this issue? Or does someone know what might be the issue?

Orgbrat

Comments

• LINQPad doesn't support .NET Core. For it to work, you must change your EF Core project to target .NET Standard 2.0.
  • Thanks for the quick reply Joe. But I think I will have a problem as the EF Core code is within the ASP.NET Core 2.1 project.
  • Create a new .NET Standard 2.0 project, and put your EF Core classes there. You can then reference that assembly from both LINQPad and your ASP.NET Core project.