License for LinqPad on AWS

Hi,

I am using AWS for most of my projects. Recently I changed my AWS instance type and the host changes as result (My machine name does not change). As a result, I have to re-activate LinqPad. It looks I can only re-activate 6 times a year, so I cannot change my AWS instance type at my will. Is there any way to fix this?

Comments

• Are you using the Linqpad GUI on AWS or are you just using it to run scripts?
  • I use AWS for most of my stuff (not just LinqPad). I use both LinqPad GUI and use it to develop, run scripts, and etc., on AWS.
  • I also have a license issue for LINQPad on Aliyun(famous cloud provider in China): https://forum.linqpad.net/discussion/1737/support-for-cloud-service-provider-aliyun-阿里云/p1
  • I guess my point was, it should run scripts you've created just fine without a license but the GUI features you're probably using need the license. If you were just scheduling scripts on a server and not developing directly on the server then you probably would need to license the software.
  • Filter said:

I guess my point was, it should run scripts you've created just fine without a license but the GUI features you're probably using need the license. If you were just scheduling scripts on a server and not developing directly on the server then you probably would need to license the software.

Thanks. I see your point. I am developing directly on AWS and AWS EC2 is my primary development environment.

I switch EC2 instance for different projects which require different computation power. Each time I need to re-activate my LinqPad and I can only do this 6 times given the restriction from Premium License. So there is no workaround solution?

Thanks!
  • @JoeAlbahari Good job and thanks a lot, that's really a good news to me :)
  • Try the new beta and let me know how you get along:
    https://www.linqpad.net/download.aspx#beta
  • I've added EC2 support, and will upload a beta in next day or two. I've also looked into Aliyun - I've set up an account and created a VM - but supporting it looks like a harder project.

Thank you! The news of supporting EC2 is great!