Home
Options

PostgreSql with LinqPad

I'm trying to use LinqPad with PostgreSql but I'm not able to specify the schema in the connection string so it is showing the tables in the 'public' schema, this using the driver provided by https://github.com/fknx/linqpad-postgresql-driver.

The driver from Devart I can set the schema but at the moment to perform the query it always states 'LinqCommandExecutionException: Error on opening DbConnection' just working if I click on SQL tab and perform standar sql queries like "Select * from table" instead of running "from t in Table select t", it doesn't work...

Any ideas on how to run queries from PostgreSql in LinqPad? would be appreciated any help.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020

I actually used your question or rather the link to find the correct PostgreSQL driver for LinqPad, so I find it only fair that I try to help you :)

I managed to enter my credentials via Use connection info, rather than using the Use connection string option.

At first I forgot to add my schema, too, but then realized that I had to extend the Schemas text box with comma separated values:

I hope this helps.

Edit: I originally wanted to upload an image, but somehow, this didn't work....the Schemas text box is located at the very bottom of the PostgreSQL Connection dialog.

Edit 2: Now the image is visible....very strange, that.