Query never completes

I had a DLL that targeted .Net Standard 2.0 with EF Core 2.2 and when I used the assembly in LinqPad everything was working fine. I just changed it over to target the netcoreapp30 framework and updated EF Core to use 3.0 Preview 7 and now when I run a query against it I get a progress bar at the bottom that says, "Query continuing asynchronously..." and it never stops - I have left it running as long as 30 minutes or so. My main use of this assembly in an ASP.NET Core 3.0 Preview 7 website works just fine returning all the different queries it always has. I couldn't find anyone with the same issue but tried this command even though the problem is not the same:

this.Database.GetDbConnection().ConnectionString

It returns a connection string that is correct.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
Scott

Comments

  • Two other pieces of information. One, the same thing happens if I try to do a .Take(100). And two, when I check the connection properties a "test" does succeed.

    Regards,
    Scott
  • One other thing I have found is that if I use Debug and Step Into I get a "this" which I can expand and I then see the entities associated with this connection and if I expand any of them the data is there. So, it appears to just not be able to query properly. Strange...to me at least.
  • I am very sorry for the disjointed posts. One other thing someone will probably want to know is the version which is: 6.0.13
  • Try the new update - it should report an error message instead of not completing.
  • All good now, thank you Joe!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!