MSSQL DB with huge schema

I have a large MSSQL database that I work with. I tried to use LINQPad to query this database for the first time yesterday, and ran into issues because the database schema is so large. LINQPad would say 'fetching schema' for a long while then finally error out (out of memory space?). I turned off all the options I could (e.g., Include Stored Procedures and Functions), but it didn't help. The problem is the software associated with this DB uses many, MANY views and table synonyms to implement data security. Each software user gets their own schema, and either a view or synonym for each real table/view. It causes problems with even SQL Server Management Studio, so LINQPad is not unique in choking on the massive schema. I worked around this by creating a user that only had access to the 'dbo' schema, but I'm wondering other people's thoughts on how LINQPad might help work around something like this.

Comments

• Oops, I left out an important detail. This is a LINQ/C# query. I've done SQL queries against this DB for a long time without issue.
  • My performance testing database for large schema has 5000 tables, each with 30 columns. I take it your database is much larger than that?