Linqpad 6 Oracle via EF Core

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my new Linqpad 6 connected to an oracle database using the new native EF core behaviour, and having some issues.

I *can* connect as SYSDBA and see all the SYS tables. That means it's not plumbing specifically - the port, service, and so on all work and allow me to correctly access the DB. I can also log in and connect using my application credentials.

However if i try to access any tables in my application schema (in either case) I get nothing. The table browser treeview says ...loading... for a few seconds then just ends. I presume it either cannot find any tables, or there is an unsupported or broken table/something in my schema.

I'm wondering how i can best debug this process? how do i see logs, errors, issues etc in the "....loading..." phase of enumerating all the tables in my database?

my scenario: Oracle running in local docker container hence connecting on localhost:15XX. service name of foo.mycompany.com sid of foo. user data schema of FOO_APPDATA

Cheers!
-d

Comments

• Try running the following query with the language set to SQL:
    SELECT con.CONSTRAINT_TYPE, con.OWNER, con.CONSTRAINT_NAME, con.R_OWNER, con.R_CONSTRAINT_NAME, col.TABLE_NAME, col.COLUMN_NAME, col.POSITION
    FROM ALL_CONS_COLUMNS col, ALL_CONSTRAINTS con
    WHERE con.OWNER in ('HR')
    	AND con.CONSTRAINT_TYPE IN ('P', 'U', 'R')
    	AND col.OWNER = con.OWNER
    	AND col.CONSTRAINT_NAME = con.CONSTRAINT_NAME 
    	AND col.POSITION IS NOT NULL

go

SELECT OWNER, VIEW_NAME FROM ALL_VIEWS WHERE OWNER IN ('HR')

go

SELECT
    	OWNER as Owner, TABLE_NAME AS TableName, COLUMN_NAME AS ColumnName, COLUMN_ID AS ID, DATA_TYPE AS DataType, DATA_LENGTH AS Length,
    	DATA_PRECISION AS Precision, DATA_SCALE AS Scale, NULLABLE AS Nullable, CHAR_USED, CHAR_LENGTH AS LengthInChars,
    	DATA_DEFAULT AS DefaultValue, VIRTUAL_COLUMN AS VirtualColumn
    FROM ALL_TAB_COLS WHERE OWNER IN ('HR')
    ORDER BY TABLE_NAME, ID
    (You will need to replace 'HR' with your schema name.)

Does it display your schema?
  • edited October 2
    I have the same problem-- connecting as a read-only user, I don't see my expected schema if I specify it or leave that field blank.

@JoeAlbahari 's SQL query returns results for the 2nd & 3rd query, but 0 rows for the first.

Edit: I *can* see some tables in the SYS schema, same as @dmeeze
  • Is there any way that you can provide steps for me to reproduce a database with this problem? (Bear in mind that I don't know much about Oracle.)