Home
Options

Entering edit mode

It might be just me but I can't find a way to edit values in the data grid as shown on the main page. I have a premium edition with oracle 10.2 using IQ driver with OCI connection.

I wonder if it's an oracle issue and if so then I could edit results with some other driver?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Hi there

Right now, editing values is supported only with LINQ to SQL connections.
  • Options
    Thanks!
    Maybe you should update the website to mention this. Would have saved me some time trying to achieve this.

Do you have any plans to introduce this feature with the IQ driver? It would be very useful for me.

Also it would be very handy to have some sort of list of limitations when used with oracle, like the lack of support for outer/cross apply that some linq queries get translated to. I also had a strange problem once with FKs involving a missing equality operator between int and object that I haven't had time to track down yet.

And to get even more out of topic, I'd suggest to include some samples of insert/update/delete on submit, those I had to hunt down from various sources.

Otherwise I love LINQPad! Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    Also, I can't edit the grid if the language selected is SQL. Is this a bug?
  • Options
    Edit mode isn't supported with the IQ driver or native SQL queries. This is not a bug; it's because the functionality hasn't been implemented.
  • Options
    Hi Joe,
    Do you have a plan to implement this with IQ Driver? I recently have to work with MySQL and I purchased Premium just for this feature. It should have mentioned that it is only compatible with Linq to SQL on website at the moment.