Home

Linqpad can't find mapped network drives in Windows 8

My company just got a shipment of ultrabooks with Windows 8 on them. While I'd previously had no issues with Linqpad using directories, it seems like something has changed. I've mapped a network location to a drive letter, and I can see that it is available in File Explorer but Linqpad can't find any of the mapped network drives! Under Computer when attempting to browse to the network location (using UNC or using the mapped drive letter) it only finds my local hard drive. Any suggestions?

Comments

• LINQPad uses the standard Windows Forms file open dialog.

What happens when you execute the following expression LINQPad? (And Visual Studio?)

new System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog().ShowDialog()
  • it can't find System.Windows.Form in either VS2012 or LINQPad. In VS2012, Intellisense finds System.Windows.Input and System.Windows.Markup only
  • I did some more digging and was able to add System.Windows.Forms as an assembly reference from the GAC. When I executed the line, it came up with a dialog box that only had the C drive...
  • I apologize for so many replies, but I found a solution, although as unexplained as the bug itself. If I go to File, Open, then right-click on Computer, select map network drive, then proceed to map the drives that are already mapped they still don't appear on the dialog box but if I type in the drive letter then they will appear on the dialog box and all is well. I haven't rebooted to see if they stay in place yet, but maybe this helps narrow it down.