Home
Options

Can't connect to Oracle 11g

I've just installed LinqPad on a new Win7 machine that has Visual Studio 2010 installed and AquaFold's AquaDataStudio and not much else. When I attempt to connect to Oracle after using the handy LinqPad dotConnect download and install driver feature I get the errors shown in the log below.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Garrett

4.47.02 2013-10-12T17:10:06.9012832-05:00 Custom Data Context Driver -
OracleException: License not valid due to the problems with dotConnect for Oracle installation.
at Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleConnection.Open()
at IQDriver.OracleSchemaReader.GetDatabase(IConnectionInfo cxInfo)
at IQDriver.SchemaBuilder.GetSchemaAndBuildAssembly(IConnectionInfo cxInfo, AssemblyName assemblyToBuild, String& nameSpace, String& typeName)
at IQDriver.IQDriver.GetSchemaAndBuildAssembly(IConnectionInfo cxInfo, AssemblyName assemblyToBuild, String& nameSpace, String& typeName)
at LINQPad.SchemaBuilder.GetSchemaAndBuildAssembly(String repositoryData, AssemblyName assemblyToBuild, String& nameSpace, String& typeName, Boolean allowOneToOne, IDictionary`2& sessionData)

4.47.02 2013-10-12T17:10:06.9042834-05:00 Error opening DataContext -
DisplayToUserException: OracleException - License not valid due to the problems with dotConnect for Oracle installation.

Server stack trace:
at LINQPad.SchemaBuilder.GetSchemaAndBuildAssembly(String repositoryData, AssemblyName assemblyToBuild, String& nameSpace, String& typeName, Boolean allowOneToOne, IDictionary`2& sessionData)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at LINQPad.DataContextManager.Runner.UpdateSchema(Boolean searchCache, Nullable`1 lastSchemaUpdate)
at LINQPad.DataContextManager.Runner.GetDCInfo(SchemaChangeTestMode schemaTestMode)

Comments

• Options
    Do you perhaps have any of DevArt's data drivers installed on your computer, that could be causing a conflict?
  • Options
    The only Devart.* and IQDriver.* files are in the ...\LINQPad\Drivers folder. Isn't there also suppose to be a IQDriver.lpx file, thought I saw mention of it when skimming posts for an answer. I did not find this file installed.

Thanks for the quick reply.
  • Options
    I wonder if AquaDataStudio has installed a conflicting DevArt driver to the GAC. In LINQPad, press F4 to add a reference, and click 'Add'. Check 'Show GAC Assemblies' and type 'devart'. Does anything show up?
  • Options
    Well, at least we are of the same mind about things and I should have mentioned it before; I already considered that possibility and did not find any DevArt assemblies in the GAC. Just to be sure I followed your instructions and nothing 'devart' is listed. Sweet how quick and easy that is to do in LINQPad.

I remembered where I had seen a mention of 'LINQPad lpx driver file', it was on the O'Reilly community forum for 'C# in a nutshell'. Am I barking up the wrong tree in wondering if not finding a lpx file on my system is significant?
  • Options
    No - you won't see the lpx file. The lpx file is a zip file which LINQPad extracts and copies to the drivers folder in %programdata%\linqpad\drivers
  • Options
    In a last ditch effort I booted up a laptop where I had first installed LINQPad but never got around to using. It had v4.42.01 installed, it connected to Oracle without issues and it auto-updated to v4.47.02 and on restart it connected again. I then figured what the heck, I deleted the LINQPad folders from the new system (Program Files, Program Data and Local), copied over the folders from the laptop and lo and behold it is working.
  • Options
    I've identified the problem - there was a build issue in the newest IQDriver release. I've uploaded a previous version as a temporary measure while I work on a permanent solution.

Sorry about this.