Home
Options

NuGetVersionNotSatisfiedException

I'm getting this exception when trying to add a package from our own nuget server.
Message says:
- The Microsoft.Bcl 1.1.7 package requires NuGet client version 2.8.1 or above, but the current NuGet version is 2.7.

I've sent an automatic report but I'd like to know if there's a solution to this problem.

Details:
- My nuget.exe in the path has the version 2.8.5.
- Visual Studio 2013 is adding the same package just fine.

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    Checked against last beta v4.50.01, it works fine. Any timeframes for releasing it? I'd like other members of my team to use same packages...
  • Options
    Any updates on this?
  • Options
    I plan to release another beta shortly, then hopefully it can go RTM a few weeks after that.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I'm now getting that with LINQPad v5.02.03 x86 (and with the beta v5.03.02 AnyCPU, and with v4.57.02 x86):

NuGet.NuGetVersionNotSatisfiedException: The 'System.Collections.Concurrent 4.0.10' package requires NuGet client version '3.0' or above, but the current NuGet version is '2.8.50926.602'.

I have Visual Studio 2013 installed with a slightly different NuGet verison: 2.8.60723.765, and when I try to install the same package, "System.Collections.Concurrent" is not even installed (also verified with Fiddler). I don't understand why LINQPad would attempt to install a package that isn't needed. Could it be that it is running in a .NET Core context, where it needs that package to have classes like ConcurrentDictionary that are normally included with the full .NET Framework?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Update: I've noticed that I get this error with the NuGet package manager inside Visual Studio 2013 when I press the "Update All", for some packages. I don't get it if I update each package individually or if I run the "Update-Package" cmdlet in the Package Manager Console (which without parameters updates all packages in the solution).

In LINQPad, I get it when trying to install a single package (not even update). The same package installs fine in Visual Studio 2013 Update 5.