Home
Options

An assembly with the same identity 'vshost32....

edited May 2014
I was using Linqpad for several months without any problem. Then I started getting the message "An assembly with the same identity 'vshost32, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublickKeyToken=.....' has been imported. Try removing one of the duplicate references."

Since that appeared I have not been able to use Linqpad. I have searched the options and cannot find where I am importing anything, let alone two references to vshost.

What happened? What am I doing wrong?

Update 1: I should mention that I have updated Linqpad to the latest release. No change. Then I tried the latest beta release and no change. I have purchased a license (before this all started to happen).

Update 2: I have Microsoft Visual Studio 12 installed on my computer; version 11.0.61030.00 Update 4. The .Net Framework is version 4.5.50938.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Update 3: Problem solved (but not understood). I had a custom location specified for Plugins and Extensions to access some custom wrappers and their associated DLLs. That had also been working for months. When I changed the setting to the default location the problem went away. For now that's good enough!