Home
Options

Linqpad using llblgen : "Couldn't find type 'CommonEntityBase' "

Hiya world,

While trying to investigate a difference in the handling of expression trees between the linq to sql driver and linq to llblgen (to sqlserver), I ran into the following problem :

In linqpad, I have a reference to our linq to llblgen project, using odp.net (an external oracle server), and that works fine, linqpad at its finest :-)

As an experiment, I added a linq to sql connection (a local sql2014) and that one works fine as well.

I also wanted to generated a linq to llblgen to sqlserver connection (to the same local db), generated the necessary llblgen project and code, added the required references to get it to build, made a new connection in linqpad, and indeed, when opening that connection, it expands perfectly with the found tables. So all seemed well. However, the moment I try to query any of the tables, I get the dreaded ""Couldn't find type 'CommonEntityBase' "" error, which I fail to solve :-(

Anyone any idea ?
Especially the fact that the connection shows the tables etc, but just fails while retrieving the actual data bewilders me.

I'm using llblgen 4.2, using linqpad 4.51.03 (anycpu build) and LLBLGenPro_Linqpad_Driver_v4.2_20140710.lpx, which works fine for our llblgen to odp connection

I appreciate any suggestion,
cheers,
Bart