Home

RFE: have intellisense "(Schema loading - try again shortly)" reload when schema populates

Sometimes it can take up to 30 seconds (not LINQPad's fault!) for some schemas to load over slow connections. Hitting Ctrl+Space every second or two waiting for it to load is kind of annoying. It would be great if the schema finally loading caused the intellisense pop-up to either repopulate its contents or dismiss and open another one or whatever.

Comments

• On a related point, does LINQPad's schema caching work for you? With LINQ-to-SQL connections, LINQPad is supposed to keep a copy of the schema, so when you re-start LINQPad, you won't have to wait for the schema to fetch unless the schema has changed in the interim.
  • edited October 2014
    maybe?

The left-side tree immediately shows the connections populated without any connecting/loading/whatever, but when I try using one in a query, then the Intellisense hasn't been populated and I have to wait for the "(Schema loading - try again shortly)" bit. If it cached the schema for Intellisense purposes too, then I'd be all set I suppose. :)

This seems to be true whether the connection is just to the server (show databases in a tree) or just to one specific database.