Home

Odd wrapping behavior with a fixed width on a dump container when using Util.HorizontalRun

edited October 2014
I've noticed some add wrapping behavior when placing a horizontal run inside a dump container which has a style for a certain width. This is demonstrated with the following "C# Statements" script:

var lHorizontalRun = Util.HorizontalRun(false, "Check out this weird wrapping behavior by [", new Hyperlinq(() => Console.WriteLine("Hello!"), "Clicking Here"), "]!"); var lDumpContainer = new DumpContainer(); lDumpContainer.Style = "width: 280px;"; lDumpContainer.Content = lHorizontalRun; lHorizontalRun.Dump(); lDumpContainer.Dump();

Dumping the horizontal run places the link within the whole text in a predictable way. If you place that same horizontal run inside a dump container and fix the width of the container the hyperlinq will get placed on its own line. I see the following output for the script above:
Check out this weird wrapping behavior by [Clicking Here]!
Check out this weird wrapping behavior
by [
Clicking Here]!
This can also be demonstrated with just the horizontal run's dump by resizing the LINQPad window so the output window is narrower than the output. Basically the moment there is a line break, the link will always also break on its own line.

I'm unable to upload images at the moment, so hopefully I've been able to explain everything well enough.

Comments