Home
Options

Bug clicking Edit menu in Beta 5.06

Not sure if someone has already noticed this little problem.
If you highlight a block of code and then press the Edit menu, the highlight is removed and of course selecting Copy doesn't copy anything. This behavior doesn't happen with others menu.

Comments

• Options
    Do you also get this behavior with LINQPad 4.x?
  • Options
    No, I was unable to reproduce this in 4.55.03.

Other observations.

I have installed the x86 beta, it seems to work correctly when you select some lines while with other lines the highlight disappears. It seems to be pretty regular if you highlight the last line (the // define other methods and classes here or other commented lines)
    I have also noticed that after loading a saved query and after reproducing the behavior the query is marked as modified when in reality no changes are made to the text. Looking again at this and using a query without proper formatting (TabSize=4) I noticed that the text highlighted has been reformatted to the correct indentation.
  • Options
    Good - Both fixed in 5.07.
  • Options
    Keep an eye on it because I couldn't get a definitive repro on clicking the Edit menu.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I have some news on the Edit Menu problem.

In version 5.07 if you have one or more lines selected and some of these lines have extra white spaces after the last valid code character, these extra characters are removed if you try to open the Edit Menu using the mouse. This result in a modified text that the program wants to save at closing.

I don't know if this is related to the disappearing of selection but for this one I was able to reproduce the problem when the code editor is working with a VB.NET code, not with C# code (Language = VB Program)

The only Advanced Preferences set (property name in bold text) are Tab Size = 4 and Convert Spaces to Tab = True
  • Options
    Now I am definitively puzzled. Today, without any change and with the same VB.NET file I am unable to reproduce the bug. Probably it was an heat stroke.
  • Options
    I've not reproduced failing to copy selected text; in fact I think I have seen "Auto-format" available to be undone when nothing's happened because there was text selected.

But using the same process as a previous bug I can still see clicking the Edit menu alone will cause an Auto-format (however this does "go away" at some stage after further edits and undoes, not reproed though):

Paste this into a new VB statements query:
    If True Then
    	Beep
    	End IfIf False Then
    	Beep
    End If
    Put the cursor between the concatenated Ifs and press enter.

An auto-format shifts the first End If to the unindented position.

Now click the Edit menu.

Another auto-format occurs and shifts the If False Then to the unindented position.

This is undoable, and if you select say False, no auto-format occurs, and yet if you manually choose to redo the auto-format, choose Edit > Advanced > Format Document or type Ctrl+K,D, the auto-formatting does NOT lose the selection (so I assume Copy could now work with the Edit menu auto-formatting).
  • Options
    Thanks - got the repro. Will fix for next build.