Home
Options

UTF support

Hi,
my LINQPad (editor & results) do not show characters above 0200H (512). Do anyone know how to get that work?
To mention is that even if not shown in the editor and in the results correctly, the content itself is OK and can be used elswhere with no problem. So just some display options issue
Thx
robit

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Try running the following query:

(char)513

Do you get ȁ in the result?

And if you copy and paste the ȁ character back into the editor, does it show correctly?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I see in the results also just a "square" - the same like in the command lines while pasting the characters from somewhere else.
    The last character I can see is the ǿ = 511(D)
    An Ȁ =512(D) I see just as "square"
    Nevertheless - an insert of a copy/paste string above 511(D) is then correctly stored in the DB as I can use it in application or publish it in our webpages correctly. So it is just some LINQPad displaying issue.
    (All my other programs like miscellaneous code editors, Thunderbird, Firefox, MSOutlook, etc. do all display the characters well)

What is additionaly to mention - a simple SELECT CHAR() stops to work already at 256(D) and starts to produce NULL
  • Options
    What OS are you using and which version of IE do you have installed?

And have you customized the style sheet for LINQPad Results in Edit | Preferences | Results?
  • Options
    Both do have XP SP3 and IE8. One PC do have English and one German version.

Strange is also that the German version works even much worse - even a copy/paste insert do not insert the copied characters and do produce only simple '????' result in the DB.