Home
Options

Adding connection to EF IdentityDbContext

I have used LINQPad 4 with standard Entity Framework dbContexts in the past and not had many issues. I am now trying to use LP version 5 to add a connection to a Asp.net IndentityDbContext and am having trouble. I get the following error shown in the image below. I tried adding references to the EF Identity packages. Does anyone know how to accomplish this or if its even possible?

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Have you added all the dependencies for Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.EntityFramework? I see that when I built my skeleton for LINQPad I had to add three DLLs that are referenced by file path (i.e. not in the .sln file of the application or included by NuGet) for one of my DLLs. I don't know what the rules are about which DLLs need to be added. Also I added DLL references from a working application's build/install directory and referenced the DLL file that the application would use.\

I should add that I add the DLLs to the Query via Query Properties dialog (F4), and then browse to the needed DLLs. I see that other people add DLL to some LINQpad specific folder, which is not something that would work for me.
  • Options
    @ChrisLusena: thanks for responding. I have added all the dependencies using Nuget. But with Asp.net 5 I think the issue is that after compiling, my build assembly is located in a different folder than all the dependency packages, so LinqPad doesnt know where to find them. And I just dont understand the new package management organization or how to tell LP where they're located.