Home
Options

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Providers. It may not be installed

Hi Forum,

I am trying to open and read an existing small SQLCE4.0 database using LINQPAD 4 but when I add the connection, and Test the link, I get the above error. I have Googled without success.

On my PC I have installed :

.Net Framework 4 Multi- targeting Pack
.Net Framework 4.5 (although when I navigate to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\ I see a directory marked v4.0.30319 - and nothing that suggests 4.5 *is* installed....but when I repair the 4.5 isntallation, the files in this folder are updated with the current date...

I also have SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2, and SQL Server Compact 3.5 - which do not support a SQLCE4.0 file.

I do NOT have Visual Studio - just the above.

A colleague of mine is running LINQPAD 5 and has .Net 4.6 installed - he can open and read the database without any problems. However he is a .net developer and is likely to have "something" installed already.

Clearly I am missing some required file - can anyone suggest the best way to resovle ? Getting approval to have new software installed is a lengthy process to I want to majke sure I request the correct solution...!

I regret that I am not a developer so do not have a deep technical knowledge --- I just want to open a simple DB :)

Comments