Home
Options

No Samples

I've had Linqpad 4 and now 5 for some time with no problems. However, I'm moving to a new development pc and need linqpad running on both for awhile. My license is OK with this so I installed Linqpad 5 on the new box but the samples area is completely blank and I've not been able to figure out how to get the samples to show like they do on my first pc? Also, there is no "Download/import more...." line in the samples tab. I can download lots of samples from the websites you recommend but I can't figure out how to move them into the sample tab? I would like to have the same tree arrangement like I have on my original pc. I don't want to just move one query at a time into My Queries. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    I signed-up on the forum for this exact problem but "resolved" it before getting approved. In my case, I actually feel kind of silly. I too was missing the samples, all I had was the "connections" tree showing. I don't know what led me to the realization but it turned out that that whole left pane is a splitter panel and the problem was that the bottom-half of the pane where the samples (and My Queries list) are was shrunk to the point that they weren't visible. All I had to do was drag the splitter up towards the top and voila, there were my missing samples.
  • Options
    Yes, it's a problem with the splitter sometimes appearing in the wrong place. This has been fixed in the recent betas, which will be RTMed in the coming weeks.
  • Options
    OK Thanks, the samples are all there. And yes, I dumb-slapped myself!