Home

How to edit results?

Hi, I just activated my premium license, but I do not see how you're supposed to be able to edit the results of your query?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I see on the site, screen shots that show add/delete row, but how do I get there?

Comments

• Dump to a Data Grid by either selecting the option(Hotkey: Ctrl+Shift+G) or clicking on the right most arrow of the Rich Text view. If your current connection has permission to edit, you'll see Edit Data just above the upper left corner of the grid. Click Edit Data and edit away!
  • Sorax, thanks for the response.

It turns out as I'm using the IQ driver, it seems that editing data with it is not supported at the moment.

Unclear to me whether or not they will allow that later or not, which is a big bummer for me as all the databases I need to connect to are either Oracle or MySql.
  • I also faced this when I bought LINQPad. There really should be clearer information on the main site about what features are supported with Oracle.

Also there are quite a few limitations with the IQ driver with nullable FKs in queries and sometimes it generates queries with join types that are not in oracle at all.
  • Do anybody know if it is possible to edit CLR primitives in this fashion? Is there some interface/method that can be implemented that allows editing from the Dump window? 2 way binding to everything?
  • It's worth mentioning too that, as far as I can see, this only works when you choose 'Build data context automatically' rather than 'Use a typed data context from your own assembly' when setting up the connection.
  • Hi! I am running Premium 5.00.08 and for the life of me cannot figure out how to edit a gridded result. Local connection, windows authentication, all the defaults. What am I missing?
  • If you right-click a table in the schema explorer and choose 'View/Edit top 100 rows', do you get a grid with an Edit button the top?
  • Hi Joe! Yes I DO! Thank you! Thank you for responding personally also. I may have even missed the "Edit" in my testing -- for some reason I was looking top right. Anyway -- may I ask a quick follow-up though -- is that not available on, say, a gridded output of a SQL "select all" query to edit "those" results? I really have to say that I LOVE this product. I had it for years and never did anything with it, maybe I was rushed or maybe the free version wasn't as intuitive with the lack of Intellisense. But I saw 20,000+ users and figured for sure that I must just be missing something and I SURE was! Now -- if I can just get to edit the results of a custom query? Like WOW!! :) Thanks in advance, Joe!
  • Thanks for your support!

LINQPad uses LINQ to SQL for editing results, so it won't work with a plain SQL query. You also need to select the entities themselves, it won't work with a projection.
  • Thanks, Joe! I discovered (after my post) that I can work around the problem and switch to query using VB or C#, now that I know where to look for the edit button. :) This is a WONDERFUL tool. There was a suggestion somewhere about having the grid default to edit (better might be an option) to go into edit mode. I think that suggestion may have some merit. That said, I'm thrilled with the product as is. Kudos! :)
  • edited April 2017
    As epidemicz said,
    >It turns out as I'm using the IQ driver, it seems that editing data with it is not supported at the moment.

I have activated premium license but I also cannot edit data on SQLite DB on IQ driver.

>If you right-click a table in the schema explorer and choose 'View/Edit top 100 rows', do you get a grid with an Edit button the top?

No. 'Edit Data' does not appear. Is there any way to do it? Note that I can edit data using sqliteadmin.exe.
  • Right now, editing works only with the standard LINQ-to-SQL driver.