Home

Suggestion: An online extension to LinqPad (dotnetfiddle)

Hi Joseph,

you probably thought about it already, but in case you didn't I thought it worth to put the idea out here.

There is dotnetfiddle, which is in a sense similar to LinqPad. However, I would choose dotnetfiddle over LinqPad only if I need to share my snippet. When the need arises, I usually already wrote it with LinqPad.

Converting a LinqPad snippet to a fiddle can be annoying, especially if NuGet packages are involved or when Dump is used to explicitly dump things.

It would be great if I could publish snippets from LinqPad directly to my "LinqPad Cloud" for sharing them with others.

You could either create a dotnetfiddle alternative yourself or write an exporter to dotnetfiddle.

In both cases, the export functionality itself could be a premium feature. Both would be quite useful.

Comments

• Have you tried File | Upload to Instant Share, or are you after something else?
  • Well, that's the mere hosting part. What's missing is:

- Seeing the query online.
    - Automatically open the query from the web in the local LinqPad by clicking a button ("open in LinqPad") rather than having to save it and open it manually.
    - Editing and running the query online.

The last point is obviously by far the most involved. The first two might have merit on their own, as does the current sharing feature.