Home
Options

Error trying to create OData connection to MS Dynamics CRM - "member names cannot be the same..."

I get the below error when I try to attach LINQPad to an OData source coming out of Microsoft Dynamics CRM. The odd bit is that it is peculiar to the entities that are defined in this instance of CRM - I connect to another instance regularly and have no problems. Unfortunately I don't have control over any of the field definitions. I can only consume this data. Any advice would be appreciated!

XML from $metadata is available at: http://xopusfiddle.net/nEuX/

Here is the error window that pops up when I click the Test button in the connection definition dialog:

---------------------------
LINQPad
MetadataException: Schema specified is not valid. Errors:

(0,0) : error 0042: Name nea_demandinfo cannot be used in type Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Data.Services.nea_demandinfo. Member names cannot be the same as their enclosing type.

(0,0) : error 0042: Name nea_categories cannot be used in type Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Data.Services.nea_categories. Member names cannot be the same as their enclosing type.

(0,0) : error 0042: Name nea_function cannot be used in type Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Data.Services.nea_function. Member names cannot be the same as their enclosing type.

(0,0) : error 0042: Name nea_transmission cannot be used in type Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Data.Services.nea_transmission. Member names cannot be the same as their enclosing type.

(0,0) : error 0042: Name nea_Investigation cannot be used in type Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Data.Services.nea_Investigation. Member names cannot be the same as their enclosing type.

(0,0) : error 0042: Name nea_notification cannot be used in type Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Data.Services.nea_notification. Member names cannot be the same as their enclosing type.

(0,0) : error 0042: Name nea_lessonlearned cannot be used in type Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Data.Services.nea_lessonlearned. Member names cannot be the same as their enclosing type.

(0,0) : error 0042: Name nea_generator cannot be used in type Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Data.Services.nea_generator. Member names cannot be the same as their enclosing type.

(0,0) : error 0042: Name nea_comments cannot be used in type Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Data.Services.nea_comments. Member names cannot be the same as their enclosing type.

(0,0) : error 0042: Name nea_effectitem cannot be used in type Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Data.Services.nea_effectitem. Member names cannot be the same as their enclosing type.

(0,0) : error 0042: Name nea_Flag cannot be used in type Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Data.Services.nea_Flag. Member names cannot be the same as their enclosing type.
OK

Comments