Home

IQ Driver - Oracle Connection Setup

edited April 2013
My oracle instance uses a Service Name. I can't figure out how/where to input this information into the connection setup tool. Do I need to add something into the "Additional connection string options" box? For reference i've included an example of the connection string i am using in my application's web.config.

"Data Source=(DESCRIPTION =(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = [IP Address])(PORT = [Port]))(CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME = [Service Name])));User Id=[name];Password=[password];"

Comments

• edited April 2013
    I don't know.

You could try entering into 'Additional connection string options' as you suggest. Something like:

Service Name=foo

or

Data Source=foo

Or perhaps adding the service name after the server name:

MyServer/foo

If you a find a solution, let us know what works.
  • I had the same problem... The workaround I found was to select direct oracle connection (don't use the oracle client), and I put Joe's first recommendation in the additional connection string options (which ONLY worked when not using the oracle client to connect).
  • edited March 2015
    Yes, after trial and error, Joe's solution is the one I found worked.

The details are in this Stack Overflow post.

Just ensure that you put "SERVICE NAME=xxx" in the "Additional connection string options", rather than (as it is in the tnsnames.ora file) "SERVICE_NAME=xxx". With that, the "Direct" connection mode selected, the name of the host, username and password, you will hopefully find it works.
  • This does not seem to work with 5. Won't accept "Service Name" and says "Service_Name" is unknown. Any thoughts?