LINQPad 6 Oracle Driver Bug: Error: 'Service Name' is an invalid connection string attribute

edited January 2020

I'm unable to connect to Oracle using LINQPad 6. I have no problems connecting using LINQPad 5.

Connection String:
Data Source=...:******; User ID=**********; Password=*****************; Service Name=************

In LINQPad 6, I get the following error:

Error: 'Service Name' is an invalid connection string attribute

Thanks for your help!


  • edited January 2020

    Can you post a screenshot of your connection dialog?

    Note that the dialog has a textbox for the service name. Are you using this textbox to enter the service name, or doing it some other way?

  • Hi Joe,

    Take a look at the dialog. I tried putting the service name in the service name box, but it doesn't populate my tables when I do so. The only way to make it work is to put in in the extra connection string options, but LINQPad 6 doesn't like that. LINQPad 5 is ok with it and works normally.

  • BTW, I was able to modify the connection and got it to work. It's using the Service name input box and a different schema name which didn't translate well from version 5. In any case, please don't spend any more time on this as I found a workaround.
    Thanks for your help!

  • I guess I spoke too soon. Now, after making these changes, There's an incompatibility between version 6 and 5. I went and changed the connection from version 5 to include the "Service Name" string and it broke the dialog in version 6. I'm getting an exception on version 6:

    The component 'LINQPad.Drivers.EFCore.DynamicEFDialog' does not have a resource identified by the URI 'LINQPad.Drivers.EFCore;V1.0.3.0;component/dynamicfdialog.xaml'.

    I'll report the error, but reinstalling version 6 seemed to fix the problem temporarily. In any case, now that version 6 is working, I won't try to load version 5 anymore so it doesn't break things...

Sign In or Register to comment.