SNI.dll

I am using the Microsoft.Data.SqlClient and it needs SNI.dll for the proper platform. I am using the Micorosoft.Data.SqlClient NuGet package in LINQPad but whenever I run a query in LINQPad it tells me it cannot find the SNI.dll with something like:

Failed to load C:\Users\wjvii\AppData\Local\Temp\LINQPad5_suxutjro\shadow_anolsn\x86\SNI.dll

I am not sure where to put the sni.dll so that LINQPad can find it, does someone know?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• I take it you're using LINQPad 5? If so, that library relies on MSBuild, so it won't work with LINQPad. I don't know why Microsoft have designed it in this way, because it prevents tools such as LINQPad from using it.

I could write a hack to make this particular library work, but it will be distributed in a beta build that won't go RTM for a few months.

In terms of a workaround, you could try copying the X86 SNI.dll from the following folder:

%localappdata%\LINQPad\NuGet.FW46\Microsoft.Data.SqlClient\Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SNI.1.1.0\build\net46\x86

into the folder where LINQPad.exe lives.

• Thank you for the feedback. I agree, I really dislike these native dependencies and how they get used and deployed. I will try some of the suggestions and put the details of the outcome in this discussion when I am done.