Home
Options

Error finding appsettings.Production.json when connecting via parameterless constructor

Error finding appsettings.Production.json when connecting via parameterless constructor. Works if I enter appsettings.json, but fails with any other filename.

Note that in the error it states: FileNotFoundExecption The configuration file 'appsettings.json' was not found but the path I entered was appsettings.Production.json

LinqPad Version:v6.11.11 (X64) Licensed
Host runtime version: 3.1.11
Default query runtime version: 5.0.2
Default query reference assembly version: 5.0.0
Roslyn Version: 3.8.0-5.20562.2
FSharp.Compiler.Service version: 22.0.3.0
NuGet client version: 5.6.0.5

Accessing .net core 3.1project

Comments

• Options

By specifying the path to a configuration file, you're simply telling LINQPad to copy that file into the output folder so that it can be found by your context.

Do you have any code in your context like this?

var builder = new ConfigurationBuilder ().AddJsonFile ("...")

If so, can you post that code?

• Options

No, because the default builder (Host.CreateDefaultBuilder) adds appSettings.json, appSettings.Production.json and appSettings.Development.json under the hood.

What I am trying to do is create two different connections, one for production and one for development, based on the ConnectionStrings in the appSettings.Production.json and appSettings.Development.json.

In the screen shots above, you can see my path is directly to appSettings.Production.json, but the error message states it can't find appSettings.json in the temp directory... but I didn't set that in the field, I typed appSettings.Production.json!