Home

LINQPad occasionally hangs when switching between it and Chrome (Webview problem?)

Haven't found a pattern to this but it has been happening a lot of times lately. The query results page (and all of LINQPad really) becomes completely unresponsive when switching between apps (usually Chrome). Not even trying to close linqpad through the close button doesn't work. I found that it becomes responsive again if I minimize then restore LINQPad usually.

It seems like the UI thread hung on something when I switched out then whatever it was doing completed when I minimized.

Comments

  • edited March 1

    This can happen when you use the Find dialog (Ctrl+F) within the results window and then switch to another query or application without first closing the dialog. I don't know of a workaround for this. I don't believe there's any way to programmatically detect and close the WebView find dialog.

Sign In or Register to comment.