LinqPad 7 Terminating on Production Servers
I have performed an XCopy deploy of LinqPad 7 (7.3.9) on a disconnected production Server (2019 standard).
If I start LinqPad (LINQPad7-x64.exe) - then do nothing - it will terminate after a bit more than two minutes. There is nothing recorded in the LinqPad logs. The only logging I can find anywhere is in the Windows Security log - where there is a process termination entry for linqpad...
A process has exited.
Logon ID: 0x3A499B03
Process ID: 0x5a8
Process Name: \linqpad\LINQPad7-x64.exe
Exit Status: 0x1
..immediately after this Security log entry there is another three Process Termination logs for...
...for these subsequent log entries, all of the executables are running from the %appdata%/local folder, and the exit status is 0x0.
- I have tried redeploying several times from different sources to discount corruption of the LinqPad files
- I have deployed to a different production server (which is successfully running LinqPad 5) - and see identical issues
- I have tried temporarily disabling the local Windows firewall
- I have added LinqPad7-x64.exe (and the other 'sub' exe's) to be excluded from Exploit Protection.
- I have deployed to a non production server (which is also disconnected - but running Server 2012 R2 Standard) - with no problem!
I have trawled through the forum for similar issues - this is the only one that seems to be similar to mine...
...but the recommended solution did not help me.
Is there anything else I can try to identify what is causing LinqPad 7 to terminate on my production servers?
Can you PM me the contents of %localappdata%\linqpad\Logs.LINQPad7
I've looked at your logs and can confirm that this problem was fixed in the latest RTM release (7.4.9).
Excellent - that works.