Home
Options

Does LinqPad8 have the feature to autocomplete double quotes and single quotes?

When I'm writing code and need to define a string, I find it quite discomforting that I have to type two quotes. This is because many current IDEs and editors automatically complete double and single quotes. When I define a string, I only need to type one quote and the other is automatically filled in. I'm unsure if LinqPad now supports this feature. Is it lacking, or have I just not discovered it yet?

Comments

• Options

It doesn't have this feature right now - it's trickier to implement than with brackets, in such a manner that it doesn't sometimes get in the way.

• Options

@JoeAlbahari said:
    It doesn't have this feature right now - it's trickier to implement than with brackets, in such a manner that it doesn't sometimes get in the way.

Perhaps it is complicated to improve the quotation mark completion function, but a simple quotation mark completion function should be easy to implement. Maybe we can provide a simple function now, only support automatic quotation mark completion and tab to jump out of the quotation mark. Set this functionality as turned off by default, and if users need it, they can turn it on. I believe that simple functionality will not go wrong in most scenarios. As for edge cases, I think we can take it slowly.