Home
Options

The .snippet files cannot be used

I placed my custom *.snippet files in a folder named "flow" under Snippets, but I cannot find them in the "My LINQPad Snippets" folder as shown in the screenshot below.

Creating subfolders for classification would be helpful.

Comments

• Options

Has the developer verified this issue? I really need this feature. thank you!

• Options

Just a thought. Did you start or Restart LinqPad after you created the snippets folder and did you click on My LINQPad Snippets folder to see what is inside it.

Seems to work for me on LP5 and LP8

• Options
    edited March 27

@sgmoore said:
    Just a thought. Did you start or Restart LinqPad after you created the snippets folder and did you click on My LINQPad Snippets folder to see what is inside it.

Seems to work for me on LP5 and LP8

@JoeAlbahari @sgmoore

I have restarted LINQPad multiple times and conducted extensive testing.

The shortcut for the snippet I defined is "fu":
    1.It does not appear in the autocomplete list.
    2.The folder containing the snippet is not displayed in the snippet insertion list.

Please use the attachment I uploaded for testing.
    Place my Snippets folder in the same directory as LINQPad8.exe.
    I am certain this is a bug. Thank you again.

• Options

I think the bug occurs when there are only subdirectories in the snippets directory. You can test this by creating a file directly in the snippets folder (it can even be a text file).

• Options

@JoeAlbahari said:
    I think the bug occurs when there are only subdirectories in the snippets directory. You can test this by creating a file directly in the snippets folder (it can even be a text file).

there are only subdirectories in the snippets directory
    Thanks for your response. Your understanding is correct.
    Putting all the snippets into the same folder isn't convenient for management. I look forward to this issue being resolved soon.

• Options

There will be a fix, but in the meantime you can work around this without moving anything. Just add a dummy text file directly into the snippets folder, and everything else should be picked up correctly.

• Options
    edited March 28

@JoeAlbahari said:
    There will be a fix, but in the meantime you can work around this without moving anything. Just add a dummy text file directly into the snippets folder, and everything else should be picked up correctly.

1.The shortcut for snippets is still missing from the autocomplete list
    2.The folder containing the snippet is display in the snippet insertion list.

• Options
    edited April 3

Try 8.3.5 and let me know how you get along:
    https://www.linqpad.net/linqpad8.aspx#beta

This will include snippets in subfolders in the shortcut list. However, you will need to put your subfolder inside the language-specific subfolder (e.g., "Visual C#") in order for this to work:

docs\LINQPad Snippets\Visual C#\my subfolder