Home

How to clear the AI results pane?

edited June 19

How to clear the AI results pane easily? Looking for something I can click quickly in the UI or a keyboard shortcut.
When entering another prompt and the result scrolls down, it's hard to go back and find my prompt and start reading from there.

Comments

• Have you tried Ctrl+P for a new conversation? (The old one will still be there, but in another tab.)

• @JoeAlbahari said:
    Have you tried Ctrl+P for a new conversation? (The old one will still be there, but in another tab.)

If I want to ask more questions in the same context, don't I need to keep asking in the same window?
    Does hitting ctrl-P remember the previous context?

• That's right - Ctrl+P will start a new conversation.

I don't understand what you mean by 'clear the AI results pane'. Surely clearing the pane should reset the conversation? Or is it a scrolling issue?

• If hitting ctrl-P will start a tab with a new context then I need to stay in the current tab and context so that the chatbot doesn't forget the current conversation. So it doesn't forget what we were talking about.

I want to enter a new prompt in the current active context but in a clean tab. Like issuing a cls command in a DOS window. Like hitting the 'Clear console' or ctrl-L in Chrome devtool's console,

• @JoeAlbahari , I think the request is to somehow mark the entries in the chat so that they still exist in memory to keep context, but are not rendered in the LINQPad chat pane. It might be a neat feature to add a button to provide a toggle that would hide all visible entries from rendering, or bring back the visibility for all entries.

This could help it feel less cluttered, and the user would have to do a few extra clicks if they wanted to get an idea of the context of that chat window or tweak any past chat entries. Of course, being able to set a name to the AI chat tab would take care of the previous concern.