Home

Feature Request: Support for Per-Monitor DPI Awareness in LINQPad 8

Hello LINQPad Team,

I'd like to request an enhancement for LINQPad 8 to support per-monitor DPI awareness. Currently, LINQPad 8 is confined to using the DPI setting of the primary monitor, which can lead to issues when using multiple monitors with different DPI settings.

Here are two screenshots demonstrating the issue:

Primary Monitor (High DPI) Screenshot(scale=150%): This screenshot shows LINQPad 8 on the primary monitor with a high DPI setting. The text and UI elements are correctly scaled and look sharp.

Secondary Monitor (Lower DPI) Screenshot(scale=250%): This screenshot shows LINQPad 8 on a secondary monitor with a even higher DPI setting. The text and UI elements appear blurry and improperly scaled, making it difficult to use effectively.

Supporting per-monitor DPI awareness would greatly improve the experience for users with multi-monitor setups having different DPI settings. This feature is becoming increasingly important with the growing prevalence of high-DPI displays.

Thank you for considering this enhancement. LINQPad is an excellent tool, and this improvement would make it even better for those of us who rely on multiple screens.

Best regards,

Comments

• This is likely to happen, but not immediately. LINQPad is a currently mix of WPF and WinForms code. The WinForms code is being progressively replaced by WPF code. Once it's 100% WPF, it should be possible to implement per-monitor DPI.

• I second this, I have three monitors - one horizontal in the middle (main screen) and one vertical on each side. Dragging LINQPad from the middle monitor to one of the others makes everything go blurry. LINQPad is certainly not alone with this problem, but more and more apps handle this fine nowadays.