Several restarts need to get upgrade working properly.

Not a big deal, but I thought I would report this.

I restarted LinqPad this morning and got a notification that an update was available and so I selected the option to restart. When this happened, the list of queries was empty. Then I shutdown Linqpad and from windows explorer I noticed that the file version of the exe had not changed and the tooltip still said it was 4.47. Started LinqPad again and it reported that it was version 4.48 and System.Windows.Forms.Application.StartupPath was C:\ProgramData\LINQPad\Updates40\448.

Was about to file a bug, but then I thought I would try it one more time and this time everything was working ok , ie Startup path is ok and Queries are back. Apart from the copy of the exe being left in C:\ProgramData\LINQPad\Updates40\448, the only other odd thing is that the 'Set Folder' option implies that my queries are in the default location and I don't get the option to change it.

Whether it is related, but my machine was struggling at the time. Memory usage was over 90% (and over 400Mb used by LinqPad). Also Visual studio was 'busy' (ie continually 25% CPU on a quad-core processor and eventually crashed) and it was alsoy uploading a few gigabytes of files at the time.
Sign In or Register to comment.