Home

Bug when dumping a solid colored bitmap of Color.FromArgb(35, 35, 35)

The following C# code dumps an image to the results window which is completely transparent. If I have a window behind the LINQPad window, I will see the other window, otherwise I will see my desktop wallpaper. This should display a large nearly black square.

using (var lBitmap = new System.Drawing.Bitmap(1024, 1024)) using (var lGraphics = System.Drawing.Graphics.FromImage(lBitmap)) { lGraphics.Clear(System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(35, 35, 35)); lBitmap.Dump(); }

Comments

• I ran some more tests with this. It seems to work correctly on Windows 7, though it exhibits the transparent behavior on Windows Vista.
  • I ran some more tests with this. It seems to work correctly on Windows 7, though it exhibits the transparent behavior on Windows Vista.
    ...and on Windows 8
  • This occurs because LINQPad sometimes uses this color as a transparency key. This is to allow rich-client objects to be hosted in separate application domains on their own message loops, while maintaining the illusion of being parented to the host application, without any flicker.