Home

NuGet linqpad-samples not working quite right in beta?

First off: Thanks! I think this is a fantastic idea and I love it. NuGet integration is one of my favorite features in LINQPad and being able to include scripts to demo, teach, explain, etc. is just brilliant. Even packages that are just scripts are an amazing idea.

Trying to put this into practice, I added a sample script to my NuGet package for ADSI and included the tag linqpad-samples but I can't seem to get the script to show up in the samples explorer.

After pushing the update to nuget.org, the NuGet Manager dialog added the green text "LINQPad Samples Available" below the package name and description to indicate it found the linqpad-samples tag but again the demo script doesn't seem to be included in the Samples UI for some reason. As expected, the behavior was roughly identical for a local repository (the output folder for the package) - green text below package name but no samples included.

I can inspect the downloaded .nupkg file in the %LocalAppData%\LINQPad\NuGet folder to see that the linqpad-samples\ADSI\ADSI Sample.linq file is present in the archive.

This is with beta version 4.50.01 - both x86 and AnyCPU versions.

Comments