Home
Options

C:\Users\AUSER\AppData\Local\Temp\LINQPad

Can the contents of this folder be removed safely ? This is taking up 182GB of data which would be great to get back. The folders under this path all start with underscores with various .DLL files in. I'm thinking yes the folders can be removed but thought it would be a good idea to double check first. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Yes, of course. Anything in %temp% can be deleted!

I'm curious as to how so much junk could accumulate there. Are you using the command-line version?
  • Options
    Hi Joe,

I'm Matt's colleague, and thought I could answer your question.

We have 6 scheduled tasks set up on this machine running via LPRun.exe. They're all set to run in my profile and it's my profile that has all the data build up in temp, so perhaps it's related.

Then again it might not be, as I have been running a number of "manual" LinqPad sessions for querying and data manipulation over the past couple of years on this machine, which is constantly up.

We've cleared the temp data folder (as of a minute or two ago), and we'll keep an eye on it to see if it starts building up again. I'm not running any manual LP sessions right now (and will try to avoid doing so) so if a build up starts again then it would seem to point towards the LPRun.exe scheduled tasks.

Either way we'll post an update to this thread to let you know.

Thanks on behalf of Matt and I for responding, and thanks for LinqPad in general, it's excellent!

Simon