Home
Options

Can't edit data in Tables in Premium edition

I just bought the Premium edition of LINQPad thinking I could edit data directly in the tables. However I don't see any "Edit Data" option and can't edit any data.

I made a simple "Customers.Take(50)" query and I just get the normal results table but can't edit anything.

I'm using Entity Framework and a DB connection created through using a DBContext and the builtin drivers. The database is hosted on SQL Azure. Is there some configuration I need to do?

I searched the forums but couldn't find anything to help. I've seen mention of the connection to the DB needing to allow Editing but not sure how to enable that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Love LINQPad and was hoping to be able to edit table data with Premium.

Comments

• Options
    It may only work for LINQ-to-SQL. I just tested with one of my custom DbContexts and the "edit data" button didn't appear, but if I use LINQ-to-SQL it shows up like expected.

The LINQ-to-SQL code generation is really great, though, so unless you have some custom logic in your DbContext you may not even need it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the response. You're right. I'm able to edit data by connecting directly and using LINQ-to-SQL.

Wonder if there are any plans to support DBContext any time soon.