Home

Sorting result table columns

Is there a way to control the display order of columns in a result table?

I would like to sort them alphabetically to make it easier to find a specific column in a result table.

Thanks.

Comments

• If you click 'Results to Data Grids' or click the extenser arrow on the table and do the same, you'll get headers that you can click to sort.
  • Thanks for the response. I see I can sort the rows by column. However I was interested in knowing if I can change the display order of the columns themselves.

For example lets say there are four columns in the table.

StudentId, Grade, Subject, Book

Can I make the columns instead be

Book, Grade, StudentId, Subject.

Currently it looks like the columns are displayed in the order they were added to the table with relationships at the end.

If a table has a lot of columns it is difficult to locate specific columns. I know I could create a specific Select statement to only retrieve specific columns but was wondering if there was another way.
  • edited October 2014
    So you want an option for alphabetical ordering on a per-query basis? Or globally?
  • I think having an option in the results window (for example in the lefthand side option menu) that was "sort columns alphabetically" or something would be the most flexible. That way if someone was to make a Select with a specific order that would also be preserved.