Home
Options

way to get Ctrl-A in data grids to default to including column headers instead of row headers?

This is with v4.51.03(AnyCPU)

Currently if I click a cell in an output data grid and hit Ctrl-A (or click the top-left 'block', the one just to the left of the headers), the cells are selected as are the 'row headers' (not sure what else to call them)

If I then hit Ctrl-C to copy and then paste that into some other app, the data in the cells are copied, but not the headers, although an empty 'first column' is present (tab character at the front), presumably from the 'row headers' being part of the selection

123 one two three
456 four five six

Now, if I click one of the headers to sort by it, or shift-click to select the entire column, then the behavior changes such that Ctrl-A now selects the cells plus the column headers instead of the row headers (which is the behavior I would like to have by default)

Now when I copy, I get no leading empty column and, more importantly I get the column headers:

Foo Bar
123 one two three
456 four five six

So, clearly the grid can/does switch between Ctrl-A behavior selecting [ data + row headers ] and [ data + column headers ] already. Since it's the vast majority of the time that I want to include the column headers instead of the row headers, can it please change so Ctrl-A by default includes the column headers? If it ends up surfacing as a setting in Preferences -> Results that defaults to column headers (to preserve current behavior), that's fine with me, too. :)

Thanks, Joe!!