Home
Options

Linqpad instability if left open in latest beta (v4.52.04)

It seems the new shared memory protocol or other new feature is causing issues if Linqpad is left open (and not running queries) for long. There have been a couple of instances now where Linqpad would just crash or get bogged down to the point where it is completely unusable and has to be restarted.

I typically leave Linqpad open and ready for when I want to run something, run it (to completion) and leave it open for the next time it is needed.

One time I was working on other things not on Linqpad and an OutOfMemory exception window popped up from Linqpad. I wasn't running anything at the moment, I last used it the day before and had that instance running since then.

Just today, after having Linqpad open for about a day, the editor was completely unusable. I think it must have been trying to load up autocompletion data or something because there was a significant pause after typing a single letter. I had to restart.

I'm going to try disabling the "run query in its own process" feature and see if that changes anything.

I don't have any data for this, but if it helps, the queries I did run made use of caching. When running in a process, the cached results didn't seem to persist across other executions of the query.