Home
Options

ability to search the not-yet-saved queries?

Ctrl+Shift+F opens the 'Search All Queries & Samples' dialog which works very well in terms of searching the files saved under My Queries.

One of my common scenarios, though, is that I end up with many (20 to 30 or more) tabs that are all unsaved (Query 1, Query 2, etc) as I'm investigating something or trying out different things. Fairly often I'll need to go back to one of the previous tabs but as it stands, I'm stuck going back through them and looking at them to see if it's the one I want.

It would be wonderful to have the ability to add (I would guess) another 'Look in' checkbox option for 'Unsaved Queries' (or 'In-Memory Queries' if it includes unsaved changes to existing linq files, or 'All Open Tabs', or whatever) that would let me search across these unsaved queries in order to find the one(s) that match what I'm looking for.

I realize in terms of what's dumped from the results, lacking an actual persisted file on disk means it's likely not possible for it to provide an actual link I could click on to open the relevant tab, but even if it just said 'Query 25' that would still be far more useful and faster than the manual tab-by-tab search I do now.

If it makes it easier or more feasible to implement, I'd happily let LINQPad write the 'unsaved' queries into temp files under $env:appdata\linqpad\temp-queries or whatever - then the search could still link to an actual file path on disk and that'd allow switching to the appropriate tab (AFAICT).

Thanks!!