Home

LINQPad 6 v.6.5.5 MissingMethodException Thrown When Running a C# Program with System.Net.Dns

Greetings;

I'm having difficulties running a C# Program in LINQPad that references and calls Dns.GetHostName(), Dns.GetHostAddresses() and the IPAddress class from a C# Program in LINQPad 6 v6.5.5 (x64). My program implementation is as follows:

void Main()
{
    string hostname = Dns.GetHostName();

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(hostname))
    {
        var ipAddresses = Dns.GetHostAddresses(hostname);

if (ipAddresses != null && ipAddresses.Length >= 1)
        {
            foreach (IPAddress ipAddress in ipAddresses)
            {
                Console.WriteLine($"    {ipAddress}");      
            }
        }
    }
}

My assembly references and namespace imports for the program are as follows:

Additional References:
System.dll
System.Net.dll
System.Net.NameResolution.dll
System.Net.Primitives.dll

Location for all References:        C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319

Namespace Imports:
System
System.Collections
System.Collections.Generic
System.Data
System.Diagnostics
System.IO
System.Linq
System.Linq.Expressions
System.Reflection
System.Text
System.Text.RegularExpressions
System.Threading
System.Transactions
System.Xml
System.Xml.Linq
System.Xml.XPath

System.Net

When I execute the program either with or without the debugger attached, LINQPad 6 dispalys the following error message above the program script and just below the toolbar:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Configuration.ConfigurationProperty..ctor(System.String, System.Type, System.Object, System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter, System.Configuration.ConfigurationValidatorBase, System.Configuration.ConfigurationPropertyOptions)'.

The Stack Trace for the MissingMethodException displayed in LINQPad is as follows:

Any help or insights on how I can correct my C# Program to resolve this exception being thrown would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments